A NORTHFIELD man is among ten people to be charged over a large scale plot to use drones to smuggle drugs and phones into prisons across England, including HMP Hewell.
Callum McDonough, 26, of Shenley Field Road, was arrested during morning raids on Wednesday as part of an investigation by the West Midlands Regional Prison Investigation Team based in Birmingham.
The group have been charged with three counts of conspiracy to supply drugs, psychoactive substances and banned items.
It was alleged McDonough and the rest of the group used drones to drop contraband over prison walls at HMP Hewell, HMP Birmingham in Winson Green, HMP Oakwood and Featherstone in Wolverhampton, HMP Risley in Warrington, HMP Wymott in Lancashire and HMP Liverpool.
The ten charged are:
• Paul Payne aged 33 Broad Street, Coseley
• Callum McDonough aged 25 from Shenley Field Road, Northfield
• Shane Hadlington aged 29 from Sycamore Lodge, Oldbury
• Hannah Williams aged 34 from Horton Street, Tipton
• Stella Deakin aged 40 Boundary Hill, Dudley
• Richard Harrabin aged 27 from Perton Grove, Weoley Castle
• Jake Blewitt aged 20 from Highfield Road, Tipton
• Dwayne Tinker aged 20 Lindridge Drive, Minworth
• Ryan Greaves aged 21 from Kimberley Walk, Minworth
• Robert Morris, aged 43, from Sedgeley Road West in Tipton