HERE are five festive things to do in Bromsgrove this weekend.
Avoncroft’s Candlelit Christmas
AVONCROFT Museum’s popular Candlelit Christmas event returns from 7pm to 10pm on Saturday, December 1.
Visitors will be able to experience Yuletides of years gone by in the historic buildings, there will be miniature train rides and youngsters can meet Father Christmas.
There will also be festive music from local choirs, musicians and bands.
It’s panto season (oh yes it is)
- THE JIGSAW Players’ Robin Hood and Babes in the Wood takes place at 7pm tomorrow (Friday), at 1.30pm and 7pm on Saturday and 2pm on Sunday. The panto centres around Robin and his trusted band of Merry Men who try to outfox the baddie, the Sheriff of Nottingham. Meanwhile, Nurse Nellie Nickerlastic is desperately trying to protect the babes from the clutches of the Sheriff’s bungling henchmen Snivel and Grovel. Tickets, at £11, are available by calling 07774 596769 or 07772 645722.
- PERFORMANCES of The Fairbourne Dodders’ Jack and the Beanstalk takes place at Dodford Village Hall at 7.30pm tonight, tomorrow and Saturday, November 28 to December 1. There will also be a matinee on the Saturday. For more information and tickets, call Christine on 07902 350941.
Village Christmas lights switch-ons
- CATSHILL’s starts at 3pm outside the village hall where there will be live music. Father Christmas arrives at 4pm and the lights switch-on is at 5pm. Click here for more on Catshill’s switch-on.
- BARNT Green’s annual lights switch-on is at 5pm on Saturday with live music from 4pm. The winners of the best-dressed window competition will also be revealed and there will be a competition to Find the Reindeer and Santa.
- THE ANNUAL Christmas lights switch-on in Hagley will be at 6pm on Saturday and the best-dressed window will be revealed there.
- ALVECHURCH’S Christmas lights will be switched on at 5.30pm on Friday, November 30, in The Square when the best-dressed window will also be revealed.
Lickey Hills Primary School’s Christmas Fair
THE LICKEY Hills Primary School and Nursery fair, from 2pm to 4pm on Saturday, December 1, will feature craft stalls, face-painting, pony rides and glitter tattoos.
The school’s choir will also perform, children can meet Father Christmas in his grotto and refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon.
Blackwell Concert Band’s Christmas show
BLACKWELL Concert Band will perform a charity Christmas show featuring music from ‘The Snowman’ at 7.30pm this Saturday, December 1, at St Andrew’s Church, Barnt Green to raise funds for Macmillan.
The event will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support and refreshments will be provided during the interval.
Tickets are £5 for adults and £1 for children (under 16s)
They are available in advance by calling 07891 527089, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or on the door.