POLICE in Rubery have moved to reassure residents that a vehicle which had been adapted into a motor home and dumped should be moved by next Friday at the latest.
Coun Peter McDonald had been campaigning to get the vehicle removed because, he claimed, people had been using it to take drugs and paraphernalia had been left strewn all over it.
“It is now being called ‘The Crack Coach’ as it is littered with needles and drug paraphernalia.
“There is serious concern that children can easily enter the coach as most days the door is left open.
“The layby is situated on the route to the local school and I am really concerned as local residents are that some inquisitive child will enter the vehicle and the consequences of them doing so do not bear thinking about.
“It really does beggar belief that a coach can be left for months parked on a much used layby and no action taken.
“There cannot be any excuse for the authorities doing nothing because to so is condoning such anti-social behaviour and criminal activity.”
Concerns had been expressed about the vehicle left in a layby on the A38 between Rubery and the M5 island but it was unclear whose responsibility it was to move it.
We contacted the DVLA, DVSA, Worcestershire County Council, Bromsgrove District Council and Rubery Police.
The police Safer Neighbourhood Team now say they have managed to track down and contact the owner who, because it now has no MoT, tax or insurance, has been told to move it by December 6 or the police will be seizing it.
A Worcestershire County Council spokesperson said: “We’re continuing to work with partners from both the police and the local district council to resolve the situation and find the best solution for all parties involved.”