AN APPEAL has been launched to reunite residents with items stolen from a number of vans and homes across Wychavon and Worcestershire in the last six months.
A collection of items believed to have been stolen since July 2017 were recently recovered in Pershore and an arrest has been made.
Police are keen to reunite the property with its rightful owners and a photo showing some of the recovered items has been released in a bid to speed the process up.
Anyone who recognises the property or has had items stolen over the past few months and is able to prove ownership should call PC Andrew Russell 1295 on 101.
A 26-year-old man from Pershore was arrested on suspicion of burglary and has since been released under investigation.
Officers are also offering tips to remind people how they can keep their items safe and secure. They include:
* Locking vehicles at all times and marking your tools using Smart Water or registering them free on www.immobilise.com so if they are stolen and recovered, the owner can be identified
* When leaving your vehicle overnight, parking in well-lit areas and near your home if possible with valuables removed from the vehicle
* If you cannot remove the valuables, ensure they are stored securely in your vehicle and do not
* leave them on display considering fitting your vehicle with an immobiliser or alarm, which can act as a deterrent and will draw people’s attention to the vehicle if it is broken into.
* If anyone would like to speak about additional security measures with their local Safer Neighbourhood Team, call 101.