BROMSGROVE Festival has reached its penultimate week with many exciting events in store, writes Sophie Hind.
- The Oakville Singers concert and choral evening takes place on Sunday, July 15, at St Bartholomew’s Church in Tardebigge. The concert is at 4.45pm and the Choral Evening begins at 6pm, showcasing works by composers such as Schubert, Cohen and Elgar. Tickets are free of charge. Visit www.bromsgrovefestival.co.uk or Tel 07901 550577.
- In conversation with Clare Morrall will be held at Bromsgrove Library on Monday, July 16, at 7pm where Clare will talk about her latest novel ‘Last of the Greenwoods’. Tickets are £4 and available to buy in person from Bromsgrove Library or call 01905 822722. For more info visit worcestershire.gov.uk/libraries.
- Richard Jenkinson will perform and talk about ‘Bach and Kodaly cello solos’ at Avoncroft Museum’s Guesten Hall on Wednesday, July 18. The final instalment of the ‘Festival Classics’ features music at noon and lunch at 1pm. Tickets are £18 for the concert and lunch and wine or £9 for just the concert. Lunch tickets need to be booked at least 7 days in advance by calling 01527 874136.
- RSC Live is performing Romeo and Juliet at Artrix in Bromsgrove on Wednesday, July 18, at 7pm. Tickets are £15 (£13 concessions) available at www.artrix.co.uk or by calling 01527 577330.
- Artrix SongStars Choir is performing a wide range of songs including pop and musical theatre show tunes in the SongStars Extravaganza at the Artrix on Thursday, July 19, at 7pm. Tickets are £10 (£8 concessions) available at www.artrix.co.uk or by calling 01527 577330.
- Bromsgrove Community Choir is performing songs from across the years in A Song Medley at Bromsgrove Library next Friday, July 20, at 10.30am. It’s open to all ages and no booking is required. Visit worcestershire.gov.uk/libraries or call 01905 822722 for more information.
- Pete Hartley is in concert at St Michael’s Church in Stoke Prior next Friday, July 20 at 7.30pm. Pete is one of the most in-demand musicians in the country known for pioneering the six-string Violectra electric violin. Tickets are £7 and available from Bob Bignell 0121 476 5938 or Pete O’Connor 01527 832797.
Go to www.bromsgrovefestival.co.uk for more on the events.