Home » Features
What’s On this New Year in Birmingham
Brummies beware! With so many cool things to do this New Year in Birmingham there’ll be lots of people from other parts of the UK flocking in! There’s a great line up of things to do, ranging from the traditional clubbing to stand-up comedy to all sorts of other things. Why think about going to London when you can try a different location for a change? Cities all over the UK are hosting their own brilliant range of activities and nights out and Birmingham is definitely hosting some of the best.
Don’t forget to book for somewhere to stay though, or you might find yourself kipping out in the cold. Accor Hotels have a brilliant winter sale on at the moment, where you can find cheap central deals for prices you’d never expect to find in a city centre.
Once you’re all booked up in a nice Birmingham hotel, make sure you’re in the know about what you’re going to be up to for your NYE and NYD celebrations. Consider the next five awesome events which may very well make your New Year 2012/2013 the best yet.
- Foster’s Comedy Live at Highlight Birmingham. For something genuinely alternative this New Year, definitely consider giving this a go. Foster’s Comedy Live will be bringing some of the funniest stand-up talent from all around the world together for one of the funniest nights of anybody’s life. You can also order food and drink to your table while you watch some top comics do their stuff and once it’s all over there’s an after party too, where you might be able to dance with one of the comedians! Doors open at 7pm, and tickets cost £20.
- New Year’s Eve Ball at Lea Marston Hotel and Spa. With a champagne reception, a New Year’s Eve dinner, live entertainment from Big Man Big Voice, as well as a disco and some midnight snacks (bacon butties and chips served at 12:30am), this is truly a classy night to remember. The hotel recommends it as a black tie and formal dress affair, so you’ll certainly look the part. Arriving at 7pm for the reception drinks, you’ll be able to enjoy a full night of fun and dancing as well as an overnight stay and gorgeous breakfast if you pay a bit extra.
- GB NYE 2012 at Gatecrasher. For a classic clubbing experience, there really aren’t many other places that can rival what the Gatecrasher has in store for revellers. You can drink and dance until 6am in a club which combines awesome artistry and design with great sound. They’ve imported the world’s best CO2 ice cannons, lights, lasers, videos walls, pyrotechnics and sound systems for a night you’ll remember as one of the greatest you’ve ever had. There’ll also be theatrical performers and internationally renowned dancers performing, as well as aerialists. Whew!
- The Rainbow Presents NYE 2012/2013 at the Rainbow & Warehouse. The venue is pulling out all the stops this year as a result of being nominated in the Best of British Awards as the best club in the UK. There’ll be fairground rides, fireworks, street food, sound systems playing on the street, visuals, and a full street closure to make the night entirely personal. You’ll be able to enjoy all this until 6am, just in time for breakfast.
- New Year’s Eve Gala at Symphony Hall. The London Concert orchestra will be performing classics such as Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake Waltz, as well as many NYE favourites, like Rule Britannia!, Nessun Dorma, Hornpipe, Dambusters March and Land of Hope and Glory. If you want something completely different from the bog standard NYE clubbing, this is a great alternative idea for how to spend your evening. Prices range from £17.50 to £45.