Hi: 9° Lo:2°
By Tristan Harris Thursday 24 July 2014 Updated: 24/07 22:41
ONE of the dog owners whose pet is thought to have been bitten by a snake in Sanders Park has come forward to speak about his dog’s ordeal.
John Mason contacted us after seeing our front page story last week about Bromsgrove District Council putting up warning signs.
John was walking his seven-year-old Lhasa Apso Pickle when the incident happened and when the vet examined him, he was deemed to have been bitten by an adder.
John told The Standard: “The vet said she was 99 per cent sure that’s what had happened as you could see the two puncture marks left by the fangs.
“It was only the fact the bite was on his tail and the fact he was on an intravenous drip for two days that he is still here - it saved his life.”
Thanks to the quick action and the anti-biotics, Pickle looks to have made a full recovery.
But John, who has been left with a £400 vet bill, said he wanted to warn other dog owners to be aware of the situation.
“He was in so much pain and I’d hate for other people’s pets to have to go through that.”
THE BROMSGROVE teenager who went missing from Droitwich
OFFICERS searching for Hollywood woman Eve Cullen who
TWO groups of seven young carers from Worcestershire
ALMOST £2,800 was raised for Bipolar UK at
CAMPAIGNERS fighting to save services at the Alexandra Hospital have ...
STRATFORD District Council has handed over £2,215 worth of unused ...