Hi: 14° Lo:1°
By Tristan Harris Tuesday 25 February 2014 Updated: 27/02 23:40
A LICKEY END man who was convicted of two counts of harassment in June and sentenced to 12 weeks in prison has had his appeal dismissed.
Pensioner Stanley Pemberton, 69, of School Lane, was handed a 20-week prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, when he appeared at Worcester Crown Court last Friday (February 21).
He was also given a three-year restraining order preventing him from going near three residents in School Lane, stopping him from parking his camper van on either side of the road around 15 School Lane and forbidding him to use audio or visual recording equipment or taking still photographs in School Lane, unless it is for a lawful purpose.
The charges related to incidents which took place between July 2011 and January 2013.
One resident said Pemberton made his neighbours' lives a misery, constantly watching them, videoing them, being verbally abusive and gesturing abusively towards them.
And she claimed some residents had been forced to move home because of his actions.
Speaking after his appeal was dismissed, she said: "I have mixed feelings - we were happy when he was found guilty and that the verdict was upheld.
"But, I would have preferred for him to have gone to prison."
PC Barney Kelso, Safer Neighbourhood Officer for Bromsgrove North and Rural, said: “The police have been called out many times over the last few years about allegations of anti-social behaviour, verbal harassment and videoing and audio recording of neighbours, and such behaviour will not be tolerated by the police.
“We are unable to comment on the outcome of the appeal, but a great deal of hard work went into the case by the Safer Neighbourhood Team and we are grateful to the witnesses who attended court.
“We hope the calls will now cease and people will move on with their lives.”
A WOMAN was threatened with a spirit level
SCHOOLS across Bromsgrove district will battle it out
A BROMSGROVE mum and her teenage daughter have
WORLD-FAMOUS gravestones in memory of two railwaymen have
CAMPAIGNERS fighting to save services at the Alexandra Hospital have ...
STRATFORD District Council has handed over £2,215 worth of unused ...