Man taken to hospital after carpet fire in Bromsgrove

By Tristan Harris Monday 17 February 2014 Updated: 17/02 23:36

A MAN was taken to the Alexandra Hospital with after a carpet caught fire at a property in Bromsgrove in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

The incident, at the address in Foxwalks Avenue, took place at 5.40am.

The blaze had already been extinguished by the time the two crews from Bromsgrove Fire Station arrived, but the firefighters checked everything was safe and ventilated the property.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesperson said one ambulance was sent to the scene and the man was taken to hospital after suffering burns to his foot .

Share This

Regional news »


Redditch Standard
High demand at A&E

UNPRECEDENTED seasonal demand is being placed on A&E today (Tuesday). ...

Stratford Observer
Morrisons staff cycle round the world in 48 hours

IT was olé and away as staff at Morrisons Stratford ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Evesham Observer
Unprovoked assault on Vale jogger

WITNESSES are being sought following an unprovoked assault on a ...