Man taken to hospital after carpet fire in Bromsgrove

By Tristan Harris Monday 17 February 2014 Updated: 17/02 23:36

A MAN was taken to the Alexandra Hospital with after a carpet caught fire at a property in Bromsgrove in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

The incident, at the address in Foxwalks Avenue, took place at 5.40am.

The blaze had already been extinguished by the time the two crews from Bromsgrove Fire Station arrived, but the firefighters checked everything was safe and ventilated the property.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesperson said one ambulance was sent to the scene and the man was taken to hospital after suffering burns to his foot .

Share This

Regional news »


Redditch Standard
Fears for Redditch patients after Worcester meltdown

CAMPAIGNERS fighting to save services at the Alexandra Hospital have ...

Stratford Observer
District council hands over £2,215 of travel tokens to charity

STRATFORD District Council has handed over £2,215 worth of unused ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Evesham Observer
Body of missing Pershore man found

OFFICERS searching for missing Pershore man Ernest Upward have discovered ...