Hi: 7° Lo:-2°
By Tristan Harris Wednesday 08 January 2014 Updated: 08/01 20:01
A MAN in his 40s has died after a severe house fire in Bromsgrove yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
The incident happened at the property in Bishop Hall Crescent, Charford, around 4.35pm.
Four fire crews were sent to the blaze which was in the first floor and roof of the semi-detached home.
A West Mercia Police spokesperson said the force received reports of a man trapped in the property and, knowing there was someone inside the building, fire crews wearing breathing apparatus battled through the intense flames to search the home.
They managed to get the man out, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesperson said an ambulance, the Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) and two ambulance officers in rapid response vehicles were sent to the scene.
"Sadly, nothing could be done to save the person and they were confirmed deceased at the scene,” added the spokesperson.
Mick Cadman, Group Commander at Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said: "Crews arrived quickly at the scene and performed with a great deal of skill and bravery however sadly the gentleman lost his life, and our thoughts go out to his family and friends."
He also commended the work of West Mercia Police officers and West Midlands Ambulance crews who also attended the incident.
The police are now working with the fire service to conduct a full investigation in a bid to ascertain exactly what happened.
The Worcestershire Coroner has also been informed and a post mortem will be arranged in due course.
A BROMSGROVE man told his sister he loved
BROMSGROVE salsa fans are being urged to take
NORTH Worcestershire Police will take on their Telford
A BRAVE Bromsgrove girl and swimming enthusiast has
AN OUTBREAK of norovirus has forced a ward to close ...
A MAN from Stratford who raped a prostitute twice as ...