By Tristan Harris Wednesday 11 September 2013 Updated: 11/09 21:36
TRAVELLERS who have moved onto Cofton Park on Monday (September 9) have been told they must leave the site by Friday (September 13).
The Standard was contacted by local residents concerned about the issue and the detrimental effect on the area.
One of those was John Maitland who lives in nearby Ashmead Drive.
He said: "There was quite a collection of caravans when they arrived - around ten of them.
"And there was also a small marquee, around half the size of a caravan, s few dogs running about and a scrap metal truck on site."
He added they had parked by the wooded area of the park and said he and other residents were concerned about the potential mess that could be made in the area.
West Midlands Police said a number of calls had been received from people and the force had contacted Birmingham City Council.
The council has now served them with a two-day order, meaning they will have to have left the site by Friday at the latest.
THE ANNUAL Blue Cross Fete raised a staggering
A VARIETY of activities will be taking place
A CAMPAIGN has been launched in a bid
THESE dramatic scenes took place at around 11.15am
YOUNG people with learning difficulties are set to benefit from ...
NEARLY two and a half tonnes of fruit has been ...
AS WE get ready to launch the Worcester Observer next ...