By Carl Jackson Friday 15 March 2013 Updated: 16/03 13:52
THE COUPLE who were found dead in their Frankley flat by a nine-year-old girl are believed to have been killed by accidental overdoses, police have announced.
Toxicology reports on Jonn Worton, 37, and Suzanne Van Hagen, 34, have identified a Class A amphetamine as the probable cause.
The pair's deaths were shrouded in mystery when their bodies were discovered by Ms Van Hagen's daughter on the morning of Friday, February 8.
The nine-year-old called emergency services when she could not wake her mother or step father.
Ambulance crews arrived shortly after and pronounced both dead at the scene with Ms Van Hagen lying on a mattress in the bedroom and Mr Worton sitting on a chair in the living room of the ground floor flat.
Police said at the time they were not ruling anything out and were treating the incident as they would a murder inquiry.
Initial post mortem examinations carried out the next day (February 9) were inconclusive.
After the results of the toxicology report the case will now be passed to the coroner.
Officers from West Midlands Police are continuing to support the next of kin.
THE MANAGER of a Bromsgrove charity shop targeted
A WHITE Audi A6 has been stolen from
AN UNEXPECTED spike in births has left maternity
FUGITIVE John Anslow who has been on the
PLANS to build 200 homes in Webheath have been thrown ...
BUSINESS leaders believe the arrival of Stratford Parkway train station ...
ONE OF Worcester's most historic buildings has been brought back ...