By Tristan Harris Friday 01 March 2013 Updated: 05/03 00:18
A WOMAN and a baby were rescued from a house in Charford yesterday afternoon (Thursday) after a fire, caused by an electric cooker, broke out.
The pair were treated for smoke inhilation after the incident, which happened at just before 2pm at the property in Lyttleton Avenue.
Two fire crews from Bromsgrove and one from Redditch went to the scene where the fire had already been put out.
Firefighters used ventilation equipment to clear the smoke from the flat and called at neighbouring properties to offer home fire safety advice.
It is believed some clothing left near the cooker caused the blaze.
Watch Commander Darren Packwood from HWFRS said it was lucky no one seriously injured and no major damage was caused.
"Nevertheless kitchen fires do have the potential for devastating consequences and so we would like people to take note of this incident and to be extra vigilant themselves in the kitchen, ensuring that cookers are turned off after use and that all flammable items are kept well away from the stove.”
He also reminded people to ensure that they have smoke alarms fitted on every floor of their homes and to test the alarms are working on a regular basis.
THE FATHER of Bromsgrove man Chris Gower who
THE COMPANY responsible for Bromsgrove's electricity supply, Westerd
A NINETEEN-year-old man is due to appear before
THE LEADERS of Bromsgrove District Council and the
A WINYATES man has been ordered to complete 75 hours ...
YOUNGSTERS in Bidford were banking on people's generosity to help ...
TELEVISION presenter Jim Rosenthal joined more than 100 people to ...