Alvechurch home damaged by heavy smoke following chip pan fire

By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 05 February 2013 Updated: 06/02 12:45

RESIDENTS are being warned about fire safety after a chip pan blaze broke out at a home in Alvechurch.

Two crews from Redditch Fire Station attended the incident at a flat in Buckleys Green at 5.05pm yesterday (Monday).

The ground floor flat was empty at the time so they forced entry and extinguished the fire with one hose reel, using positive pressure ventilation to help clear the heavy smoke from the property.

A spokeswoman for Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "While no one was hurt as a result of the incident, chip pan fires can all too easily cause serious injury as well as severe damage to a property.

"The service will be issuing full kitchen safety advice during National Chip Week which runs from February 18 and 24 this year, but we urge people ahead of this to be sure to keep an eye on their cooking at all times and to be especially careful when using hot oil."

Share This

Regional news »


Redditch Standard
Man guilty of the manslaughter of his child to face ...

A MAN who pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his ...

Stratford Observer
Ex mayor rescues Stratford on Avon history from skip

DETECTIVE work by a former Stratford mayor has saved a ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Evesham Observer
Family fun day to support good causes

THE PAIN of seeing a loved one's life significantly change ...

Local Businesses More Businesses »