Safety advice given after Alvechurch mattress fire

By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 15 January 2013 Updated: 16/01 17:34

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to tackle a small fire in a mattress at an Alvechurch property.

The incident happened shortly before 9pm on Saturday (January 12) at a Birmingham Road house. A hose reel was used to put the fire out and the crew called at other properties in the area to give safety advice to residents.

Regional news »


Redditch Standard
Parents to be sentenced over baby death

A MOTHER and father will be sentenced later today (Thursday) ...

Stratford Observer
Housing development bears fruit for district's residents

A HOUSING development has borne fruit for Stratford residents a ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Evesham Observer
Bell Tower team close to funding dream

A MAJOR fund-raising appeal which aims to secure the future ...