Safety advice given after Alvechurch mattress fire

By Harriet Ernstsons Tuesday 15 January 2013 Updated: 15/01 13:16

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to tackle a small fire in a mattress at an Alvechurch property.

The incident happened shortly before 9pm on Saturday (January 12) at a Birmingham Road house. A hose reel was used to put the fire out and the crew called at other properties in the area to give safety advice to residents.

Regional news »


Redditch Standard
Fears for Redditch patients after Worcester meltdown

CAMPAIGNERS fighting to save services at the Alexandra Hospital have ...

Stratford Observer
District council hands over £2,215 of travel tokens to charity

STRATFORD District Council has handed over £2,215 worth of unused ...

Worcester Observer

Visit the Worcester Observer website for the latest.

Evesham Observer
Body of missing Pershore man found

OFFICERS searching for missing Pershore man Ernest Upward have discovered ...