By Carl Jackson Monday 10 December 2012 Updated: 12/12 22:08
A GARAGE next to a house in Hagley has been completely destroyed, along with all of its contents, after a fire broke out yesterday (Sunday).
Three crews - one from Bromsgrove and two from Bewdley - were called to the property in Middlefield Lane at around 7pm.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus brought the blaze under control after two hours, using two reel jets and a covering hose.
Watch commander, Chris White, from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS), said: "The occupants realised there was a fire when the lights in their kitchen flickered and they heard the crackle of flames coming from the garage.
"They did exactly the right thing by calling the Fire Service and then staying outside their house until help arrived."
It is believed the fire began because of an extension lead, which has prompted a warning to residents to ensure ensure they uncoil leads fully to prevent overheating.
Mr White said the rest the of home was left relatively unscathed, due to the householders having proper fire preventing measures in place, such as correct fire doors and working smoke alarms.
He urged other residents to ensure they had similar precautionary measures in place.
A MAN in his 40s was punched in
BROMSGROVE'S Street Pastors have been out in the
A CAR has been completely destroyed after been
MOTORISTS are continuing to ignore the dangers of
A WINYATES man has been ordered to complete 75 hours ...
A FORMER detective constable has appeared in court to deny ...
TELEVISION presenter Jim Rosenthal joined more than 100 people to ...