By Tristan Harris Wednesday 31 October 2012 Updated: 01/11 11:51
FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a blaze in Hagley on Tuesday (October 30) after a washing machine caught fire.
The incident, in Willow Road, happened at around 9.40am when the woman living there noticed smoke coming from the appliance. It also set off her smoke alarm.
Firefighters isolated the electrics and then put out the blaze, before using ventilation equipment to clear the smoke from the house.
Watch Commander Mike Jenkins, from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said, fortunately, the woman was awake and in to notice the smoke, but added it acted as a reminder to residents to ensure they had working smoke alarms that were tested regularly.
A TOWN CENTRE shop is rewarding hard-working volunteers
AN HISTORIC bell, which is more than 150
CAMRA has launched an appeal to save a
WORK began on Monday (October 29) to transform
A VAN seen in suspicious circumstances was chased through Redditch ...
THE INCREASING popularity of rowing in the wake of the ...
A PRISONER who went on the run after being released ...