By Tristan Harris Wednesday 31 October 2012 Updated: 31/10 10:56
FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a blaze in Hagley on Tuesday (October 30) after a washing machine caught fire.
The incident, in Willow Road, happened at around 9.40am when the woman living there noticed smoke coming from the appliance. It also set off her smoke alarm.
Firefighters isolated the electrics and then put out the blaze, before using ventilation equipment to clear the smoke from the house.
Watch Commander Mike Jenkins, from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said, fortunately, the woman was awake and in to notice the smoke, but added it acted as a reminder to residents to ensure they had working smoke alarms that were tested regularly.
DRUG tests could be given to people arrested
MORE THAN 30 stores in Bromsgrove will open
YOUNGSTERS from Lickey End First School raised £446
A SELECTION of bonfires and fireworks displays are
A VAN seen in suspicious circumstances was chased through Redditch ...
THE INCREASING popularity of rowing in the wake of the ...
A PRISONER who went on the run after being released ...