By Tristan Harris 02/03 Updated: 05/03 09:31
A BLAZE, which broke out today (Friday) in an old trailer at a Bromsgrove quarry, was perilously close to a large diesel generator, the fire service has said.
It happened at 12.50pm at Wildmoor Quarry, Sandy Lane, and took two crews from Bromsgrove Fire Station an hour to bring it under control, after they had first isolated the generator.
The trailer, being used to house the electrical control panel for a large sand washing plant at the site, was completely destroyed in the blaze.
But Station Commander Ian Jallands, from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said it could have been a lot worse.
“Fortunately, there were no injuries as a result of the fire and the generator was unaffected.
"Nevertheless, workers at the site have told us it could be up to a month before a replacement container and control panels can be installed, undoubtedly having a serious impact on production.”
Following the fire, he urged business owners and managers to ensure all electrical installations were well-maintained and tested regularly.
He stressed the importance of having suitable fire-fighting equipment, such as extinguishers, for trained employees to use and also advised companies to ensure their business continuity plans were kept up-to-date to minimise the effect of any fire or emergency.
A CAR collided with the central reservation on
A BUSY road in Hanbury will have a
THE FUNERAL of a much-loved Rubery GP will
A MAN had a lucky escape this morning
A PENSIONER left prisoner in his own home after thieves ...
CONCERN has been raised that people receiving cautions in Warwickshire ...
A CAMPAIGN has been launched to save a popular village ...